Thursday, May 29, 2008

I am so full of food

Happy Thursday! I made dinner tonight and then ate the leftovers just a little while ago. Used this recipe, which is just as good as it's five stars imply. Didn't go all out with the lamb this time, just had microwavable frozen chickens, but both ways is good. My favorite is the couscous. And the tomatoes.

So Lost. A lot of surprises. A lot of stuff I liked, especially with Ben and Keamy (thanks to the trivia pop-up I now know his name), but the tippy tippy end of it? Not a good enough payoff. By then of course it has to be one of a certain amount of people, but that specific one? I almost don't care. Will definitely be awaiting next season, though.

This week we watched Batman Forever, Planet of the Apes (Wahlberg), The Bee Movie, The Batman Movie (Adam West), and I guess that's it this time. Also caught Iron Man again in theaters, still good. (Did you know Captain America's shield is in it? Can't wait for that movie~) The best of them was....The Batman Movie. I believe its actual title is just "Batman," but there's two of those, so. It's full of ridiculousness that I just love, don't care if everyone else thinks it's stupid.

Similarly, I started watching the Batman show on youtube, and it's even better than the movie. Actually less over-the-top, but just as nonsensical. It's kinda like the perfect show for me. I wish they would put it to DVD already.

Rediscovered podcasts (through Zune, lol) and have been listening to old radio shows from like the 30s and 40s. Superman, Sherlock Holmes, The Blue Beetle, lol. Started with The Shadow on youtube, but the quality wasn't very good. And then I went and downloaded a bunch of other things, like these two guys rambling about film noir, and the Marvel and DC "official podcasts."

A lot of things I'm doing this summer trace back to The Ink-Man, in that I'm using it as an excuse to explore new things. Like the superhero genre, and comic books. But I was also planning on doing a radio show (I love love love radio, I just usually forget that I do. I probably secretly love radio more than I love film) featuring an Ink-Man script, so now I'm studying the very nature of the podcast, and the old radio drama style. But that noir show reminded me that this superhero binge was originally a study for Ink-Man, and that the other half of the genre of my movie is actually noir, so now I'm studying noir. Just so happened that one of their episodes was on Batman Begins as noir, so things are really overlapping. And when I went into the library today, I exited with "Essential Captain America, vol. 2," a biography on Orson Welles, "Early Film Noir," and "Radio Comedy."

All my interests coincide.

And then the other thing I've been doing is actually writing. Not Ink-Man 2, which is what I really really should be doing, but creating my own superhero universe. Just have the one story so far, but it's almost done at 13 pages, and a sequel is already smashing around inside my head. What's the most comforting is that I'm doing input input input, but actually getting something in return for it. Maybe one day this story will lead into what I want it to--my own superhero team, Chaos Watch. It's gonna be good.

Have an interview at Blockbuster tomorrow, and if I get the job and the free rentals to go along with it, I will be unstoppable.

-Stephanie

ps, I should be hunting raccoons with my trusty sidekick Donnie right about now.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Podcasts are a great way to listen to old time radio shows -- you may also want to check out http://www.otrcat.com which has "new" old time radio episodes you can listen to every day.