Thursday, May 01, 2008

Packin' Up, Movin' Out

Happy Thursday! I'm sorta angry that I used "What Time Is It?" for the back-to-school post (crazy Disney, releasing their yay-it's-summer movie in August) because we just watched High School Musical 2 again last night and that song is highly highly appropriate today.

If you don't get the reference, you clearly haven't asked me what time it is in the last nine months or so. The correct response to the question in question is "Summertime!!!"

Except this time it's true.

Monday I finished and turned in an 8-page paper on the contemporary artist Henrijs Preiss. His stuff is really good, and apparently so was my paper, because it was worth 50% of my grade and I got an A- in the class.

Tuesday was Comm Theory final, which went next to horribly. But I'm pretty sure I'll get something in the high-C/low-B range. Just need to pass, is all.

Wednesday we didn't have a final--Story and Character's blow out bash was that magazine-cutting up day. Har Har, film major is me.

Lastly today, American Film Musical, which was ridiculous. 4-5 pages each question? Compare Altman's view of the audience to Feuer's?? Analyze Minnelli's directorial expertise especially citing the SIX of his films we watched in class? This class was supposed to be fun. I was definitely getting hand-arthritis by the end of it. But it'll be good. Hammy loves me.

And no final in Motion Picture, just a snazzy screening of all our movies. Props to everyone, we put out a lot of quality product in that class. I'm wondering if I can get a hold of that DVD? I've been trying to make my own (of just The Ink-Man, of course), but it's been giving me troubles. And tomorrow I might be learning how to make it internet-ready. Then everyone can see it!

It went over really well, too. My mom and dad came down to the "premiere" and I'm really glad. And Jenn came, too! And Laura and her boyfriend, and they collectively were like the only non-CBA people there. But everyone laughed, and it was a pretty good reaction for my little writer's heart. Watching it with everyone there in the little fake theater was awesome. That was the most people to ever watch anything of mine, even cumulatively. And next time? It'll be even better!!

Right after our premiere was the AFS night, which is the Azusa Film Society, which is APU's film club, which I believe was around before the department was. They screened their movie which they made in like a week (it was pretty good!) and one of the other studio films I helped on was showed (also pretty good, but maybe not as good), and some shorts from various sources (mostly all very good), and Jesse's first movie from my class. But my favorite of the night was this => link

Did I mention that this was out in the drive-in? It's now a parking lot, but the rises are all still there (so it's a pretty crummy parking lot), and they set up a little inflatable screen and we all tuned our radios to 107.4 or something. It was RIDICULOUSLY cute. And even though it ended at 11, it was really nice out and just plainly one of the coolest things I've ever participated in.

The night before that, I'd gone to the "real" premiere, of the movies that the faculty picked as best of the best. ....Missed the first two on account of not being able to find the theater....and the last three were alright. I know it's probably not APU-PC to say so, but I think the AFS night had better films all-in-all.

The weekend was a lot of fun hanging out...I'm just now remembering that after all the movies, we watched High School Musical the first. So Saturday was probably a waste...Sunday I know we had an insane Mario Party Extravaganza, the gang of us, Jenn and me and Beth and Sam.........

Which we can't have anymore because Brianna moved away and took the Wii, and just now Megan's dad came and took the couch and the thing all the consoles and tv were on, and the antenna, too! So I'm missing the Office and Lost today. ;_; But that's what tomorrow's for, right? ABC's streaming eps thing is actually really cool. NBC's still sucks. But whatev.

Next week I'm going to Seattle to hang out with my sister! Thursday in an exotic locale, how fancy!

Okay, I'm going to go kill something to eat now.

-Stephaniez

No comments: