Wednesday, July 02, 2008

AX Thursday

Happy Thursday! I'm cheating and starting writing this on Wednesday, so when Thursday rolls around I can stop and post it and go to bed. I have to get up at six! The AX is here!

The AX is the Anime Expo, which I guess I feel needs an introduction this year. We're going Thurs-Sun, and staying in a hotel with a bunchload of people and dressing up as ANBU ninja from Naruto. Since I'm lazy, if you just google anbu you'll probably come up with an idea of what we look like. Also, if you wait a week, I'll have pictures and then you'll really know. I think this year we're pretty spot-on, and we'll have an army and we'll be really really cool.

Carolyn went to Day 0 and got our badges ahead of time, so we'll miss out on the morning-long line waiting we're so accustomed to. So we'll just show up and BE at the AX. Pretty exciting.

Um, I can't think of what else to say about the AX. I'll probably have lots more to say when it's actually over. Along with the pictures. Probably a story per picture. I take pictures of buildings and other cosplayers, so yeah.

Still obsessed with Tokio Hotel, just so you know.

Still working at Blockbuster. Started doing cashier, and that's pretty threatening to me. The standard check-out is fine and easy, but when things start popping up on the screen I sort of have mini break downs. Also, I still seem to be deathly afraid of phones. It's like a physical freeze-up/panic when the phone rings. All I have to say is "Thanks for calling Blockbuster on Johnson Dr, this is Stephanie," but it's still awful.

Checking movies in and restocking them is pretty fun. So are training modules. And free rentals, which I need to start taking advantage of. It's sort of part of my job, so I can make educated comments to further the "delight" of the "Members." That's company policy.

Did I see Speedracer between last Thursday and now? I believe so. It was pretty good! So many beautiful epilepsy-inducing colors. Speed Racer himself was pretty adorable, and even Matthew Fox had a performance I could appreciate. Also saw Vantage Point, which was also surprisingly solid. Superhero Movie? Eh, if you like that sort of thing, go for it.

I really want to see Kung Fu Panda, Wall-E, Hancock, and Batman when it comes out. And others, I forget. My watch just beeped but it's two minutes fast, so I'm killing time before Thursday. I go by my computer time as REAL LIFE time, just so you know. Most of my other, mobile time keepers are somewhat faster--I just knocked my phone back from four minutes to just two minutes fast, because my watchband broke and I have to use my phone for time, and I need to be accurate because there's another clock, a time clock, which needs to record when I arrive and depart, and it's important to be somewhat in sync with that.

Okay, Happy Thursday, folks! I gotta pack in the rest of my beautiful costume and go to sleep! I wish you all could come with us, but it's a little too late now. Next year?

-Stephanie

(it says I posted it on Weds, but that's a lie--that's just when I started writing it. It's really Thursday right now)

No comments: