Thursday, January 01, 2009

Introducing the Year of Thursday

Happy Thursday! Secondarily, happy 2009! 2009 will be the Year of Thursday, it starts and ends on a Thursday, and I already looked and there are three Blackjack Thursdays. Each Thursday this year will be even more glorious than the last.

Ohhh now I don't know what to write. Oblivion. That is the game that will take me to my grave. Or something. So many options! I've logged three days into that game and I haven't even finished exploring the first city yet. Fought some wolves. Gonna join the Thieves Guild. I'm a Journeyman at Acrobatics and Sneak.

Blockbuster yesterday was time and a half, and I even sold a Rewards, while Larry was standing right there, no less. He said it was worth the three hours he spent fighting the system to transfer me. So hooray!

So at Playstation Home, which is like an online fake sims game on the PS3 which is less like a sims game and more like a glorified chat room, you can customize a full-person avatar and have them run around and go bowling and what have you. I befriended Carolyn over the interwaves and we celebrated the new year with a dance party in a courtyard. We tried to make friends, but no one cared for our dance party. It was fun. My computer keyboard plugs right into the front of the PS3 and we were chatting away until two in the morning. Yay!

So today I woke up super late, and we went out to lunchish at this restaurant on the pier, and it was crazy foggy and great. Also cold, but whatever. I started formulating some kind of story about a fog-draped village with a lighthouse and crusty mariners.

Then I went to Carolyn's and watched/helped set up her surround sound, and then we watched THE FIFTH ELEMENT on blu-ray. Very sharp. But that movie is just not as old as I thought it was. Then we watched a hecka lot of MYTHBUSTERS, but there were several wonderful explosions and launching of flaming items.

So. BSG. BATTLESTAR GALACTICA, but from now on I'll be calling it BSG. Kinda amazing. Kinda I regret judging it previously in my life. Makes me laugh, makes me tear up, makes me seriously think about story structure. I never in a million years expected to like it as much as I do, not to mention the majority of its characters. Five episodes away from finishing season one. I look forward to it.

PUSHING DAISIES. Solid. I'm still not in love with it, but it does make me laugh. I like Ned and Olive and the other two are okay.

UGLY BETTY. Disc one was not as good as other episodes I've seen, so maybe they work up to that. Not bad by any means, but it wasn't as snappy as I was expecting it to be. Much more heartfelt, though. I love that her boss is just as much the underdog as she is, having him go from villain to sidekick (metaphorically) in one episode was sort of great. I was under the impression, though, that the other assistant was on her side, so maybe times will change, or I just read that random episode wrong. We'll see.

THE FALL. Movie. Starring Lee Pace and a Romanian girl. Go see it. It's on the new release wall still. Just see it. Please.

Okay, I'm outs, gotta get in my Oblivion quota for the day. Next week: job hunt begins.

Later on,
-Stephanie

No comments: