Thursday, March 26, 2009

Home Alone

Happy Thursday! Today my folks flew off in a plane to visit their other, fancier daughter in France. They left me alone to fend for myself. I have already learned something fantastic!

A tip for if you want to make something delicious:
a good place to start is to not microwave celery.

The reason this blog comes so late in the day when recently I've been pretty good at getting it in before 11 is because I just put in all my pictures from Space Trains Day! and i was too busy looking at them. They're going into Facebook right after this.

Space Trains Day! was slightly different than expected. Trains museum WAS as uninteractive as you might imagine, which made some people antsy. I'd like to go back, but I'm not sure what I would do there. Maybe go on the train ride.

I drove all day long, with no deaths. Yay! Carolyn went with me, and we met Sam, Gareth, and Jake at the Trains. Beth was late because she got lost? And then we tried to find Famima!! but everything broke right about then.

I drew a vague map for the boys to follow, but they got lost and we very nearly never saw them again. Us girls ended up at the right place but alas there was no Famima!! to be found. We ended up at San Sai, where Brianna found us! San Sai was fun, what with its sketchy restrooms and second-hand salads.

We all met back up at the Observatory, where parking was almost nonexistent. We found the boys, but evidently their lunchtime adventures were even more sketchy than ours, and they had to go home. So that was a sadface. Maybe another day for an adventure, guys!

I ended up being pretty distracted at the Observatory, probably from driving stress and too many people and having read all the signs before. So I didn't really pay attention to anything or learn anything. Ended up singing "We love the moon!" for half an hour. ('Cause it is close to us.) Liked the planetarium show, but next time I'm going to remember that I've seen that one already, and try to see a different show. Also need to remember to go on a weekday. (But afternoon, so all the kids have gone home?)

I also drove home without any fatalities, too. Good jorb!

The rest of this week has been mainly sewing oriented. I made two matching pillowcases out of the cheapo deal fabric I got from the thrift store, and made some throw pillow cases from overly expensive designer scraps from Michael's. Want to buy one? I'll put pictures of those on Facebook, too.

Today I brought Subway to my mom for lunch and we sat in my car like the cool kids. And then I came home and played FFXII. Balthier is level 99 now! That's my boy.

OH. Balthier reminded me, because all day I've been calling him Baltar.

BSG ended! And what an ending. I really loved it, until I read some whiners' comments on the internet. I mean, I still love it, but they were obnoxious. The sickeningly sweet happy ending they evidently expected would have tarnished whatever this show might have stood for. Oh my gosh you guys, grow up and stop being fools. That was directed to the whiners.

It was a good ending. And ending worthy of the show that preceded it. I want to say I laughed, I cried, but really it wasn't big on the comedy. I did, however, have to pry my claw-like hands from my Leoben toaster at commercials. The anxiety/excitement ramped me up more than any television event has. I could feel my pulse in my hands. AND I got sick from the adrenaline after it was all over and couldn't sleep for hours. It was great.

I can't wait to watch it all over again.

-Steph

No comments: