Thursday, April 02, 2009

aw arrone in da worrld

Happy Thursday! It has been quite an uneventful one so far! Except for what could be a fire/alien babies over the hill, but there's no word on that whatsoever.

What did I even do this week? Having a week off + being alone is pretty insane. I don't think I would like retirement. Unless it was like weekends at school, when at least there's people around to do wacky stuff with. That would help a lot.

I know I hung out with Carolyn for two days, filled up on sanity. We...went to Walmart and happily found the Jo-Ann's there is NOT out of business. The Jo-Ann's nearby, not in the Walmart. And we went thrifting and I found an army jacket suitable for adaptation into Colonial fleet wear. I'm wearing it right now! But it's a little ginormous and will have to be taken in in addition to being pasted up with BSG paraphernalia.

We also watched The Next Avengers, which was so much better than the other Avengers movies, and also so much more ridiculously funny. Why does everyone think Thor is a woman? I don't know, but I love it. Why didn't Tony give Hank Pym's son a first name? Or is it Pym Pym? Why was James from an anime? It was very entertaining.

We also watched PAPRIKA, which was also entertaining, also insane. We also watched an IMAX-on-Blu-ray movie(s) about the planet and also space. They were from '90 and'85 so they were mildly ridiculous. But pretty.

I also watched WANTED (eh) and PRINCE CASPIAN (decent), and today I "watched" THE MIST (fast forward on 10x and then 30x), and season one of WEEDS. For tomorrow, I have rented TIN MAN, the Wizard of Oz update miniseries.

No regularly scheduled programing tonight, thanks to the last episode of ER. I did watch LOST this week, and liked it; haven't seen HEROES yet and I'm now two behind in CHUCK. HIMYM was random and not nearly Barney/Robin enough for my attention span.

Looking forward to DOLLHOUSE tomorrow, sorta don't care about KINGS at all, and I'm definitely not watching CASTLE.

Other than that, me and Carolyn also played some Left 4 Dead, a zombie game. Rented Fallout 3 which is by the same folks as brought you Oblivion, but it didn't capture me and I had to return it. Getting closer and closer to actually finishing FFXII.

I sewed two more pillows, a camo/shirt one and a red paisley/black. While watching WEEDS today I cut out a bunch more pillow-sized shapes, ready for sewing tomorrow.

What else have I been doing with all my time? I don't know. I rock a mean shake-n-bake. And I only burned myself just a little on taking a pan out of the oven. OH MAN here's a story.

My mom told me to water the plants and stuff so they wouldn't die, right? So yesterday I go out there and start raking all the leaves, and sweep the driveway, right? So it looks nice, and I'll water after. There's so many leaves that I fill up the yard waste trash can all the way and there's still like four more piles sitting on the lawn. I left 'em there. I water everything, and the backyard and everything is nice and neat. WELL today, I am the most over-all sore from raking and sweeping like you can't believe. Remind me to do yard work more often, I'm a weakling.

Okay, so that was a pretty lame story. I'm sorry I don't have anything really interesting for you. I'll make it up with a really funny lolcat, if I can find one.

Maybe not lolarious (I just made a word!) but here. My own cat is a whiny whinerson. Here's a conversation I had with him:

I was in the garage, doing my laundry, and he was doing his own wash.

Me: Hey Donnie, do you ever get tired of your fur?
Me: Like, do you go, it's time to get some new fur, for springtime? And then you go down to the mall and get a new dress?
Me: And then your husband finds out and goes, "that's a lot of money, honey."
Me: And you go, "screw you! it's not the 1950s anymore! I'm leaving you for another woman!" ?

Yeah, that's the kind of conversation I have when there's no one to talk to. Someone help!

-Steph

No comments: