Thursday, April 09, 2009

Thank You Kindly

Happy Thursday! I think it was a little better of a Thursday than we've been having lately, or was it just me? My day, at least, was thoroughly enjoyable. My day, let me show you it.

My folks are back, so that's yay. But I ditched them and went over to Carolyn's in the morning to start DUE SOUTH (season 3), which is a Canadian show from the 90s I may or may not have told you about. I don't think I have? Anyway, it stars some guy as a Mountie working with these cops in Chicago, and his partner is played by Callum Keith Rennie, which some of you may know as Leoben. Rennie is only in season three, if that answers any unasked questions.

Oh guys, it's even better than I imagined. We watched like, what, eight episodes? I don't think Carolyn loves it as much as I do, but I certainly think I discovered something amazing. It's half sitcom, half cop drama, and 100% ridiculous. I'm in love.

And while I came back home for lunch (some people still have classes to go to), I ended up back over there until like nowish, DUE SOUTHing and then a little Starcrafting. It was a good day.

So this week I worked a little, sewed a little, hung out at Carolyn's but I don't remember what we did. Played some video games or watched some stuff.....I don't remember which. There was a day I hung out with Steven because I tried to pick him up from school but then we cleaned my house some.

I watched TIN MAN, which is the most oddly named miniseries I've ever seen. It's not even about the tin man. It's that Wizard of Oz reimagining? The concept was actually pretty good, but the execution--nearly every aspect of it, from direction and acting down to special effects--was poor. I honestly would have stopped watching (or at least fast forwarded through more) but surprise of surprises! Callum Keith Rennie had a henchman part that I had to stick around for. Was he worth it? .....Almost.

And for reasons too numerous to go into at this particular juncture, it was this Tin Man appearance that eventually led me to DUE SOUTH, so I guess it had it's purpose.

Canadians (and I suppose especially Mounties) are very polite. "Polite cop, bad cop," is one of their tactics.

Seriously, so what else happened between this week and last? Between last week and this? Nothing important, I suppose. I bought some BSG stuff on ebay. We discovered that the Joann's in Oxnard still exists, but I don't know if that was this week exactly. I planted mystery birthday flowers in the backyard for my mom. I finished Beth's story about if Sylar went to APU. OH, there's something:

Me and Carolyn started writing a story about vampire hunters. Some of them are called Halfway Jumpers, because they are the only ones who can go to the Halfway Station which is halfway between earth and the sun. Why do they go there? Because when they stake a vampire, they fill up this capsule thing on the end of it with the energy from the vampire's soul, and when that's all filled up, they take 'em all up to space and beam the energy at the sun to keep it going. OR SO THEY THINK. It's going to be epic.

So I guess we also went thrifting because we were downtown when this started--no, in Lowes, looking at something almost, but not quite, entirely unlike this. Then we went thrifting and then we went to Korean food.

Yep, I guess that's about it. Since it's late and I have to work in the morning, I'm gonna sign of here. And I'll try to keep my fake accidental Canadian accent in check. Or maybe I won't.

-Steph

No comments: