Thursday, November 19, 2009

30,062

Happy Thursday! I'm trying to think of something super exciting to tell you about, but I'm blanking. Wrote a bunch, worked a bunch, watched a lot of tv. Read a little, cooked a little.

On Saturday we had a store meeting from 8:30-9:30 in the morning, so I was sad to wake up. But the day was so pretty, I convinced the folks to drive down to Sycamore Canyon in the Santa Monica mountains and we hiked. They were resistant--too much things to do, how about tomorrow? I said, the weather won't be perfect tomorrow--and it turned out I was right.

I was looking for a meadow, because as I left work I saw the empty lot across the street, which is as pretty as a meadow, and I really wanted to play in it. We sorta found a meadow in the canyon, but it was sort of sketchy so we went home.

Then we went to this Mexican deli/bakery/ice cream shop? I had a pretty good burrito, and we bought so many cookies and things, since that's what we do at Mexican bakeries. We'll take you there when you visit, Michelle.

My brother turned 32 on Tuesday. So old! I wonder if you picked up Star Trek for your birthday? Anyway, lookin' forward to seeing you all next week! What should I cook?

AMC remade the 60's BBC series "The Prisoner." I only knew of the original show in passing, I don't even know why I knew it at all. And I only heard of the remake like the two days before I saw it. My mom just turned it on, happened to be in the first fifteen minutes of the first episode, and then we watched that for four hours.

What a crazy miniseries! I loved it. Basically, this guy wakes up in "the Village," asks, how do I get back to New York, and the answer is, there is no New York, there is only the Village. It reaffirmed my dream to write a six-hour miniseries, if it can be as cool as that. Seriously, when I get it for my birthday, we are all sitting down and watching it.

My novel got some days behind, so basically on Tuesday I wrote around 5k words and got a day ahead. It was a joint effort, since I'd been writing on Monday, but after midnight those words count towards Tuesday's total. So there were three different writing sessions on Tuesday, before I slept, during the day, and late at night. I finished the "first chapter" of the thing, which ended up taking up half the volume of the total. Good news, though, now I'm past halfway! Actually just over 3/5, as you can tell by today's blog title.

My main characters' names are Huxley and Bentley, and that's what I've named my two new fish. They are Otocincluses, algae eaters, to eat the algae problem I have now. Pepito, the small fish, suddenly also eats algae, but whatever. He's the only one of the babies left, so RIP all the filter fish. I took the tank divider out because it was covered with algae, but I guess the littlest two weren't quite ready.

Okay, I gotta go write some more words, wish me luck!

-Steph

No comments: