Thursday, November 26, 2009

A Wednesday Thursgiving

Happy Thursday and Happy Thursgiving Day! I hope all of yours are still going wonderfully; ours was yesterday! My brother and all the little ones that go along with him are visiting California this week, so they were at my house from Tuesday to today. But I wrote down my schedule wrong so we thought we could have Thanksgiving yesterday.

But it's okay, even though I had to work, we still had a nice rest-of-the-day Thanksgiving.

But tomorrow I have to work from 9 AM to 4:30. :< I hope it won't be as busy as they think it will be.

It was cool having the family visit. The little ones are growing up so much. I only got my bed jumped on once. And then for dinner my aunt and uncle came over, and after we played some Beatles Rock Band, which was cute.

I bought Disney's Sing It! HSM 3 game for the extra microphone, and that game is a little pointless. I can sing along with the cds just fine, thx.

Next week NaNoWriMo will all be over, and I hopefully will be sitting on 50k+ words of a fantastically disjointed novel. I have...43,383 right now, and five days left to finish. I'll share all my thoughts on the process with you next Thursday.

I didn't write any yesterday, so just now I slapped out enough for yesterday and today, which was surprising. And then I went downstairs and my parents were watching P2, a movie which I think I've mentioned before. It's ridiculous. BUT the guy in it, Wes Bentley, is who I named/faced on of my characters after, so it was especially spooky to be writing about Bentley and then go down and see him.

Oddly enough, the aunt and uncle's dog they brought yesterday is also named Bentley. And if I made a movie from my novel, the motorcycle the other character rides would be a Bentley. Lolarious.

SPEAKING OF. I found two new caption sites that I must share. The first, http://averagecats.com/ is captioned cat pictures describing how cats are very normal and do not want cheezburgers or charge lazers or fix computers or do anything like they do in lolcat pictures. The second, http://unrelatedcaptions.com/ is for your nonsense humor fix. Basically, it's pictures with captions that are entirely irrelevant. True genius:

I find this and this particularly poignant.

Also this one I just found. And this.

Okay, it's just about time for me to go to bed. But don't worry! There's always next week!

-Steph

No comments: