Thursday, January 28, 2010

BASS

Happy Thursday! Today is the second day of my having a bass guitar in the house. One step closer to the edge being in a band! and I'm about to break

Sorry, Linkin Park, you may not be my favorite band anymore. :<

Today revealed that the casualty of yesterday's initial practice session was my left shoulder and neck, those bits being all jammed up. The cause of this, it seems, was looking over at the fret board. I didn't expect that aspect to be that taxing. Tomorrow, certainly, I will be feeling it in my fingers. If I will be feeling anything at all.

I can accompany "Girl" in a mediocre fashion! I probably should be sitting down and learning technique first, but it was too tempting to try and jump right into McCartney's shoes and see what I could do. Don't worry, Paul, your job is safe...for now.

I have super confidence in learning to play, since there's actually practical knowledge I have stored away from the cello and the general music theory that went along with it. What would make it easier at this point would be to actually have my own (I'm borrowing one from a guy at church) and get to know it -- and have a amp instead of hot wiring it into the living room stereo system. But having any ol' one is of course better than having none at all, so it's sunshine and butterflies all around.

And I'm getting paid tomorrow and I'm getting so much back from taxes and soon hopefully I'll be offloading that cello, so my very own mine all mine bass is deffo in the works.

Work's been dead all week, even on my 7-hour day it was quite relaxing. So no stress there; bass practice in the afternoons; evenings chatting and writing nonsense screenplays for practice; it's not raining anymore -- I'm happy.

-Steph

Oh and I also made fishcakes for dinner. ty for the idea, Restaurant City!

No comments: