Thursday, January 07, 2010

Korma

Happy Thursday! I'm writing this super late so I'm going to rush it!

Today was unofficial George Harrison day. Mostly because the first Beatle biography I came across at the library was his, so that's what I've been reading. And Beth came over and we went and had Indian food! And then we went to a closing antique shop and she found me the Ringo album that has the song "Photograph" that was co-written by the two. $4.33!

Then we went home where Carolyn was waiting, and we watched most of the Concert For George, which was this big affair they put on on the first anniversary of his death. His adorable look-alike son stood around with a giant guitar, and Eric Clapton played and sang a lot, and they had an Indian orchestra, and Ringo sang "Photograph" and something else, and McCartney was in every one's way. Oh, and Tom Petty is the most frightening man on earth.

So of course after that we played Rock Band, and it was the best Thursday ever.

Beth was also over last...must have been Friday. We played Rock Band and HSM singing game, which was full of lols.

What else this week? Mostly Beatlemania and moving on into people's solo work. And by people I mean Harrison, since Ringo's isn't spectacular and I need to set aside some time to understand Lennon. McCartney isn't high on my list in any respect.

Me and my mom went on some walks, like around downtown because that's where the only open library is now. Makes me wish I lived somewhere nearer a downtown, so you could just hang out in the library then go see a movie next door, and then to the Indian place across the street, and maybe stop at some thrift stores on the way. That'd be cool.

Three days off this week! Super relaxing, since the holidays schedules were so hectic. But the moneys were so delicious.

Have a gear week!

-Steph

No comments: