Thursday, February 25, 2010

Rainshine

Happy Thursday! It's not often you check the weather and see a rain on one day, shiny sun on the next, and rain again after that -- and rarer that you believe it! But it was deffo rainy yesterday, and so nice and bright today. So it was 2 for 2, we'll see what tomorrow is like.

I worked every day this week so far, so I'm not sure if I have any exciting stories to share. My aunt and uncle came over and I had lunch with Carolyn. And I played Lego Rock Band, which is cute, because your band is made of Lego people. (How do they do chords with those fingerless hands?!)

Oh yeah, last Thursday was Azusa visit. Getting to the play was an adventure! I've been to San Bernardino...once? before? Ever? Never by myself and in the dark to boot. Only got a little lost, only was a little late. But I got a free ticket (for being late??) and got to see the whole thing, so that was a win.

Jammed with Beth quite a bit. Drove on an adventure narrated by Bob Dylan. Bought British candy. Went to a park. Bought records--of course. I got live albums of Bob Dylan and Emerson, Lake & Palmer, and...the Old Brown Shoe/Ballad of John and Yoko single. Then we got tacos at the best taco cart and visited at Sam's, where we did not play Beatles Rock Band and we did watch DVRed Olympics! And then I drove home. A jam-packed two days.

I've also caught up on most of the tv I've missed this year so far. I thought I'd be episodes and episodes behind, but really there were only three or four for each. Oh except I forgot all about Heroes and Chuck; I'll do that tomorrow.

Lost is weird so far, no? The thing with that one person this week really stressed me out. I sorta feel like the pressure of having to eventually make sense might be knocking out their ability to just tell interesting stories. (Like that same one person, how would that person really have spent the last three years? I would have guessed jumping through time like the others, no?) (And Jacob. He's all, these people obey me but the person they thought I was might be the other one so when I send you to them for your safety and then lure you away because there's no safety there at all. What's your game, Jacob?!)

I had about five cups of tea today. Tea is wonderful. It's also George Harrison's birthday today. Although imdb thinks it was yesterday.

That's all.

-Steph

No comments: