Thursday, December 09, 2010

Jazz Hands!

Happy Thursday! Tonight my dad's Jazz Band class had their semester's end performance. It was cool! Good job, pops.

They played Autumn Leaves, which just made me think of Clapton's version from his newest CD, and how I heard Cream at the record store today, and how much I love British blues rock? I love jazz, too, but I think slide guitar beats out a horn section these days. I've become more Cowboy than Bebop.

Today it was actually warm/hot out. ! It was like spring. Optimistic spring time now??

I wandered downtown to some used book stores and had a nice time in the sunshine. I think the best Thursdays are the ones where I just wander around downtown. Should be a Thursday tradition.

This week I hung out with Carolyn a bit, had some driving and soldering adventures. We drove into Oxnard which was covered in a creepy fog, but in Ventura the fog would descend and clear on alternating blocks. Very strange. I think we also watched Eclipse on that day? It was so bad.

On Sunday, though, I got a new phone! You see, I got my first phone, what, eight years ago? Maybe nine. And I've had the one allllll this time. What a sweetheart, my little blue flip phone. But the flip did it in; the last month or so it's stopped being able to tell when it's open. Sadday, phone!!

So I got a new one. Thanks, mom and dad! I took a huge jump forward in time, from my little Motorola flip phone to a HTC Aria. But I love it. It has the internet and a camera and everything. My old phone couldn't even download ringtones.

It came in really handy the other night when I was sitting there reading the collected works of T.S. Eliot and my computer was spontaneously taken over by mal-ware. So I still had the power to remotely surf and chat whilst my desktop was undergoing scan after scan. (We're all better, now)

So T.S. Eliot! I remember reading The Hollow Men in tandem with The Great Gatsby in whatever grade we read The Great Gatsby, and that poem was the only thing for which I have that book to thank. I finally found the poetry section at the library (it's a shelf to the left of where it looks like it is), and grabbed this book. My memory does not deceive! Insta-fave, T.S. Eliot.

Cool! Have a nice week, keeds.

-Steph

No comments: