Thursday, February 03, 2011

I'm Back!

Happy Thursday! How have you guys been this week? Good? Good, me too.

Today in Minecraft I'm harvesting trees. But trees take a long time to grow, don't they. Not if you grind up some zombie bones and slap that on your little sapling! I have a little bowl in the sky, surrounded by a cactus army, so if anything comes for me they get demolished down below while I'm safe growing trees by torchlight.

This week, after I was sick, I put all my Minecraft hours into a subterranean park. The spawn point on my server is on a narrow bit of coast between two mountains, so our first base is right in between. The mines go off to the east, and on the top there is the fort, and Carolyn's houses are off past there.... So I went into the original base and started excavating to the west.

One hollow mountain later, we have a lovely botanical garden! It has every form of Minecraft flora except for red mushrooms. I did find one in a cave over the lava cavern, but a creeper busted out from nowhere and destroyed everything. :< Creepers be creepin.

I'm not sure what I want to built next. Maybe the lighthouse? Any suggestions? My dream is to build stately Wayne Manor with the Batcave underneath, but it needs the right conditions and the right location to really work.

This week I watched The Who's Tommy with Beth. I quite liked it! Surprisingly edgy. And on Blu-Ray it looked like it was shot this year; astounding. Check it out, man.

My sister got me a Rolling Stone calender this year, right? And it came with a subscription to Rolling Stone, and I'd been looking for the card to mail in.... but it was nowhere because my first issue just arrived so I guess I was one step behind. But, so, the calender is of past Rolling Stone covers, so there's different bands and artists and stuff every month, and my sister told me I had to listen to whoever was up there each month. January was the Stones, so that was easy peezy. February has Bowie, Rod Stewart, and Elton John up there. Bowie, sure, I'm all about Bowie. --But then, this issue of Rolling Stone that just came features Elton John on the cover. So I guess I can't get out of it.

Two different stations played Tiny Dancer on the way to the theater this morning, it's a conspiracy.

Oh so I thought it was 11:45 but evidently I have a reading disability because I walked into the theater at 11:35 just in time to miss the Disney logo. (because it started at 11:25) I saw Tangled! It was actually really good, simple but captivating. All about how best to manipulate the emotions of a all-too-trusting young girl. Also edgy, in its own way. Voice acting was amazing, and the animation matched it punch for punch--so much so that I'm not sure a live performance could have captured half the emotion exhibited by these characters at times. Truly fluid and nuanced animation, that film.

I guess other than all that, I was just a sicky all week. Amazing how much time it takes up, being sick.

Oh, the one night, though, with the fever, I woke up in the middle of the night in my pitch-black room. "Why didn't I put up any torches!" It was a very serious question, at the time. I mean. CREEPERS coulda been spawning all up in my room!

This game may appear to be simple, but it just chock full of things to keep you entertained.

-Steph

No comments: