Thursday, June 02, 2011

Dance Party

Happy Thursday! The Playstation Network is back up, so I've just spent this entire evening on it having a dance party with strangers. Oh, the internet. How beautiful you are.

Did a lot of other exciting things this week, too. On Memorial Day 100.3 the Sound was wrapping up their top 100 best rock albums of all time countdown, as in on my way to work at 10 in the morning they were at 21 (Rubber Soul) and when I got home we listened to the top 14 or so. The listeners voted Dark Side of the Moon #1, and listening to the handful of songs they played off it, it did seem pretty epic.

Listened to 12 through 8 whilst gardening, and the for the rest my dad and I broke out the cards and played some Hold 'Em. I had to teach it to him, but now he's better than me. :<

On Tuesday Carolyn and Jacqi came over and we made Korean barbecue style food. Bulgogi and some potatoes and some scallion pancakes and some salad and some quick pickled daikon and carrots. Quite good! Potatoes could have been a bit less crunchy, but next time. Next time it will be perfect.

Wednesday I went to work all day and then -- wait for it -- I hit up the bar with Josh and Brian. Played some pool. Had a drink that was decidedly pink in color. It was pretty cool.

Then today I went back to my roots, interacting with others almost exclusively through an electronic buffer. Carolyn was helping Jacqi design a poster, and I was brought in as an auxiliary through the webchat. Follow that up with PSN dance party, and that about wraps up my day. We did go for a walk around the park and then to Foster Freeze, so don't worry about me not getting out at all!

It's June now, but it still feels like winter. Too windy! I need a summer, someone call me a summer.

-Steph

No comments: