Thursday, June 30, 2011

Gotta Mine 'Em All

Happy Thursday! I think someone should make a PokeRap about all the different ores in Minecraft. Internet, get on this.

So tomorrow we're headed off into the wild wonder of the Anime Expo! It's that time of year again, and even though I tried to get a head start on my costume a while back, today still found me painting and sewing my lil' heart out.

Although, to be fair, I only utilized the sewing machine twice, and both times it was for using binding as an easy hem. Quite a bit of spray paint, though! My shirt/vest is like, solid now.

Want some progress pictures?

Ok I still gotta pack. And get up sooooo early. But it's gonna be great. It's gonna be really hot and summery and I'll have a box on my head. Gonna take every picture. Gonna buy some snacks. I'll have a backpack to carry stuff in. I can't wait.

The nice things about this cosplay, in addition to the backpack, are: they are regular clothes, so I won't be having to change into something more comfortable; no weapons to check; no props in my hands; pockets; no one else will be dressed like me.

I'm going as the original Pokemon trainer with the head of a Creeper from Minecraft. Carolyn and Steven are going as box-form Minecraft players painted like Team Rocket.

We're gonna be awesome.

-Steph

No comments: