Thursday, June 09, 2011

June Gloom

Happy Thursday! So summer has rolled in with its full force chilly overcastness. It even rained some. Summers have been dark and downright cold the two or so I've experienced since I came back. I don't remember them being like this when I was little, so I'm going to blame Global Warming?

Well, I do remember summer mornings being cloudy, and then the afternoons would be sunny after summer school got out. But it wasn't really cold. Not like this nearly-50-degrees of yesterday. It should be 80 and 90 like last November was. Why can't you do it right, Ventura??

Started running in the mornings. 2+ miles. Gonna see if I can get fit!

Some of the sunflowers I planted last week have sprouted. And there's a whole mess of little sproutlings in the back by the plum tree? They might be weeds but there's so many of them I get the feeling they were sown by humankind. However, on the other hand, there are a few viney melon types popping up in the near vicinity, and I'm sure those came to be all on their own. I don't remember what we might have thrown out there. Watermelon? Pumpkin? It'll be a fun surprise.

Let's see, Steven's home for a week of summer vacation. I was invited to go with them to a cool restaurant on Sunday to have good lobster. And yesterday we hung out and watched Shaolin starring my favorite Andy Lau. And today me and Carolyn got some boxes to start our AX stuff, which will be epic. Just you wait.

Oh I made a good dinner the other day. Salmon and a Trader Joe's grains mix and a fruit/microgreens salad. The theme was apricots. I watched two straight hours of Food Network the day previous.

I would like to go to the South and eat every food. I will even go to Paula Deen's house if I have to.

That's srs bsns.

-Steph

No comments: