Thursday, August 11, 2011

Episodes

Happy Thursday! Another early one this week because closing on Thursdays seems to be my shift now. So exciting.

I did end up getting the "season pass" to the fair, so I've been four times now. For $30, it ended up paying for itself right there. BUT I also went to see the Beach Boys on Tuesday night. Thirty bucks for a concert is also a good deal. Any way you want to look at it, I think I won this year.

Except for I had plenty of opportunities to eat the fair foods I'd never gotten around to, so you might want to count that as a loss. :< so much funnel cake.

The Beach Boys! Two of them are still the same, and one of the others I saw in person at a pirate bar when I saw fake the Beatles. They were pretty awesome, especially since they sounded like the Beach Boys. And Mike Love, after like fifteen minutes, was all "we're going to take an intermission...followed by a nap." lol oldies.

This week I randomly caught up on the new Starz season of Torchwood. Since the last season had a special name (Children of Earth) and this one does (Miracle Day), I thought it was going to be a six episode thing, too. But it's a full season! There's a new episode tomorrow, but I'll probably just wait a few more weeks and watch them all at once again. I've been spoiled by the internet and dvds, I don't want to bother with real-time tv anymore.

Case in point, I watched season...five? of Dexter yesterday. It's coming out on dvd next week and we got it in yesterday. Luckily I'd already seen the first three, but the other 9 I smashed out over the afternoon. I liked the season end, but the first half of the season seemed a little lackluster. But that's another one under my belt.

I actually turned on the tv the other day, just out of curiosity. But it was like 8 on a Sunday or something, so I flipped through the guide and then turned it back off. I'm definitely not someone who just watches tv for tvs sake. That's what Youtube is for.

Although if I do find myself with a spare half hour in the mornings, I do usually end up watching Supernatural. :/ It's dumb, but I feel like I need to know what I'm missing. I know I'm not missing, well, anything... but I still have to know, you know?

Caught the first showing of Harry Potter today, just to have something to do. It was pretty dark and enough like the book as I remember. So that's all over. How sad.

Well I guess I better go find some noms and then it's off to work for me. Catch ya next week.

-Steph

No comments: