Thursday, August 18, 2011

A Million Baos

Happy Thursday! Gotta be at work in an hour so I'mma shoot this out there.

Fair's over! I just got my check today for my winnings-- five WHOLE dollars. That was for a second and third place poems. I didn't get to pick up my ribbons because the pick up times matched my shift that day exactly. I don't know what to do with ribbons, anyhow.

I think next year I'll be happy going just the once. I ate all the fair food, which was not as dream-fulfilling as it promised. The Beach Boys was fun, though, so I'll probably pick a day when someone cool is playing, and maybe go opening day when it's a dollar.

On Tuesday morning me and my dad went to go see Captain America finally. I lost my ticket stub, though :< It was pretty good. I like the sets and the scenery, and Chris Evans lived up to expectations. Gonna have to see him in the Avengers though, to get the whole picture.

Yesterday Steven, Carolyn, and Austin came over and we cooked for a forever. Coconut milk waffles, which we made once prior...maybe over the weekend that I forgot already? And then regular baos and curry baos that we could only steam five at a time. After we were done eating all we could eat, and plates were sent home with people, there were still 30 left. Come over and try one! They're good!

We watched Hairspray, which I haven't seen in a while, and it was a good laugh for everyone. But on Batman (1966) right after, but then people started leaving. I need to own more comedies. Do you know where I can find Scott Pilgrim on blu-ray for under $20?

(It's funny to me that Chris Evans and Brandon Routh are in Scott Pilgrim, and they are also Captain America and Superman.)

Oh yeah we also watched Orphan on the first waffle day -- it must have been Friday -- which was pretty good and weird. Me and my folks watched The Conspirator, and it was like watching an essay.

I'm nearly finished with my boat castle in Minecraft. Working on the wall now, and it's turning out like I expected. That's one of the things I'm consistently amazed by, in this game, is when you think of something, and then build it, and when you're done it's exactly what you had in mind. I guess I mean as opposed to, say, painting, where maybe you're not exactly able to get the image from your brain onto paper.

Alrighty, off I go.

-Steph

No comments: