Thursday, April 12, 2012

Compter,d

Happy Thueday! I'm back! Although not entirely, but you wonldn't know. You mihgt, if my spelling's real bad. Right now I'm plugged into the flatscreen in the living room, and everything is reeaaaaal small from down here. I'm pretty sure I misspelled Thursday.

Yeah, so everything is up and running, other than it's the wrong room, and I don't have the video card or firewire card or blu-ray drive in yet. The important part is that it works! I swapped out a motherboard and reseated a CPU and somehow I didn't botch it up in the slightest!

We did have to reinstall Windows (twice) and copying over my gigs of media took all evening, but just about everything is in working order again, and that's what matters. I can play video games that aren't Bejeweled again!!!

Many thanks to my helpful big bro who talks about all this tech stuff like he came pre-loaded with wikipedia or something. Looking forward to sounding like that myself one of these days.

Pivotal week, this was. Aside from all the video gaming I didn't do (I baked and I read Shakespeare and I made potato salad and I went for walks and went to sleep in the same calendar day as I woke up etc etc) Tomorrow I've got a financial interview at the tech school so hopefully next week I might start? I mean, worst case scenario it'll be the week after that, but in either case it's srs bsns all o' a sudden. I also sorta am on unemployment, but I have to do the phone interview to say yes, I am going to a training school so I can get a real job and start contributing to society again, please and thank you.

But look at all this stuff I learned already! I know know how to use a multimeter to test a power supply... and other things! It's amazing! My intellect knows no bounds. I take the computer infos in one ear and I spit it out the other side. I have no idea what I'm saying anymore.

What I mean is, I think I'm ready for this.

-Steph

No comments: