Thursday, May 24, 2012

Networking

Happy Thursday!  How about this summery weather we've been having?  Too bad I'm spending 8 hours inside everyday (and then another 4 inside at home haha)!  School is still going on.  I don't know if or when it will set in that I'm literally spending my life there.

Weekends are so nice!  This last one I had an adventure followed by a day of internet.  Both were rather exhausting.

In school now I've moved on to the Networking section, and once I'm done with that (10 weeks) it'll be study study time to pass the exams.  Networking is a little bit tougher because it's a greater percentage brand-new information, not like software and hardware which was mostly intuitive.  But I think I'm proving myself right, in that I always thought that I had enough interest + enough dedication I could do it.  And I still think that's true.

Reading the first three chapters, though, that was slow going.  But!  I'm consistently impressed by my torturous study methods of awareness-read + copy down summary & glossary + in-depth-note-taking-read for each chapter.  Because the first time through I'm always ugggghhh what does any of this mean it doesn't make any sense I'm never going to learn this cry cry cry.  And then I copy down the summary and the definitions and it's like I'm not even paying attention to what I'm writing and my hand hurrrrrts so bad.  And then I have to go and read the chapter allll over againnnn........... but by that time, suddenly everything seems to have a context it didn't have before, and a logical progression, and I'm copying stuff down that, hey, doesn't that sound familiar?  And by the end of the chapter I feel like I actually took a step forward.

I still have to look up three or four answers on the homework out of the book... but that's 25 other questions that I just know the answer to.  I'm sort of looking forward to re-reading all these books and just scooping up all the things I missed before.  And then I'll be fully armed.

Other than that it's all Doctor Who and League of Legends all the way!!!  Nerd+ is me.

-Steph

No comments: