Thursday, April 06, 2006

Sleeping in till 1 on a Thursday~

Happy Thursday! The one before break! For me and for some of you!

My chem prof had a baby last week, so we had a subber type guy, and today just no class at all. Which is fine by me, because all I got out of the class was that CatAyans are negative Ayans. Which, as I now realize, is not even true. But that's what I got out of the class.

Ok, so today is sunny and almost warm! Which I'm particularly happy for, because in this last week we've had 17 different kinds of rain. Including hail, I'm told. And this school was not built for rain! Well, the other campus, with its adjoined buildings, at least tries. But you should see the lack of appropriate drain placement. I thought it was common sense to put drains at the lowest spot of an area, but apparently someone out there knows better than me. But I got to look really snazzy, with my big jacket over my backpack, and two hoods and a hat.

Um, last Saturday was this hall even called "Est-fest" where only the girls of the hall could come. And my RA signed up my DDR as an event, so I had to go ^^;; But I'm getting pretty good at Heavy! Especially when no one else in the room even knows to press X to select the song. ("Select and then Start!" this one girl kept telling everyone, but she is WRONG.) But then I had a bum leg for a few days.

And how about that daylight savings time, eh? Me and my roomie ended up staying up till 3 because of that. There's been a resurgence in the telling of the Pelican riddle, and she was asking questions instead of sleeping.

Ahah, and speaking of not sleeping! On Tuesday, I had a big ol' nap right from after lunch to dinner, and then later in the evening had two mugfulls of tea. So, I'm staying up till 1, anyway, just talking. So then I try to go to bed, and I end up just laying there for a full hour. So it's 2. I grab my computer and go out into the little kitchen area in the hall, and hang out for an hour and a half. So, 3:30. Then I'm starting to feel a little tired, so I head back to bed. It's still after 4 for sure before I actually fall asleep. And hooray, it's now Wednesday, so I have to get up at 7. Which I do, and on 3- hours of sleep, I'm *fine*. Like, not even dozing off at all anywhere. The weirdest thing.

So this last night I got 12 hours ^^

12 is also the number of pages of papers I have yet to write. So, instead of rambling here, I'm actually going to get to work.

But I'll be home for break tomorrow!!!!!!!!!
-Steph

PS
What is up with the code of this blog? Why is the sidebar all the way at the bottom? Why is every post on the same page--isn't that what the archive is for? Dunno, I probably broke it when I was setting it up--I went in and made all the important text red, to match the Thursday brown which the template already was. Yeah, I probably broke it.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

CatAyan?

Are you sure that's not "Cation" (CAT - ion)?

Stephanie Anderson said...

Yeah. It's a joke. Because my online personality goes by Aya, which shortens to Ayan, so the whole class this guy was talking about me! Because ion and Ayan are pronounced pretty much the same. I'd put in a link to a picture of the joke, but now I see that it is mysteriously vanished.
http://www.geocities.com/kari_the_8th/catayan.JPG

Anonymous said...

Steph -

Whew. I'm glad it was a joke! I was worried that my brilliant scientific daughter was losing her faculties!!!

Don't scare me like that!!

btw - in my first year in Architecture school, I kept reading about a certain style of high window called a "clerestory" window, which, in my ignoranace I mentally pronounced as "cluh-RES-ter-ee."

Then, in lecture I kept hearing about these so-called "Clear-story" windows high up on a church facade.

It wasn't until half the year was over that it hit me that they were talking about the SAME THING!!! ("Clerestory Windows")