Thursday, September 07, 2006

Thursday at 88 degrees

I guess I was too busy singing freedom songs last week to mention it, but yesterday was the first day of classes. That means, of course, that I've moved out again, back to my favorite school of all, APU. Bye, Ventura, till next year!

I'm taking:
MWF: Film and TV Production
Some Media Critism class 0o

TR: F&TVP lab (R only)
Church History
Creative Writing for Stage and Screen
Japanese 101

In case you didn't know, R stands for Thursday 'round these parts. So...Happy R!

It's hot and dry and everything is the same as when I left. Well, there's some new umbrellas over some tables, and all the plants look painfully trimmed, but it's really exactly the same. And this time around, there's nothing to figure out, no one to meet. And the last days of summer while I was moved in before classes started, it was so BORING.

So far it's been easy to reconnect with friends from last year (I've got at least two in different classes), plus I've actually made new acquantances already!

My classes, oh, my classes. I seem to have great profs (and the one I've already had twice that I don't like, well, this class of his seems better than the others, even if it's the most boring of the five), and all of them (besides the one already mentioned) look like they're going to be so much fun and packed with learning. Sorta worried about the amount of work facing me, but that's the only worry.

My film classes, I'm sorta daunted by. I keep saying to myself "Ahhh, I can't make movies and direct and write screenplays!!!!" But that's just silly, because that's what I'm in those classes to learn how to do. It's not like an English class where you don't *learn* anything because you already know the language. They're actual educational classes where I am going to be taught a skill I don't have from the get go. I'm not used to not already being ahead.....I hope I have a lot of fun learning. ^^

Oh, and Japanese? I can see a lot of this class being review for me XD Some of the kids do already know how to put together sentences, but I was listening to them, and I know all the words they used. Other kids think they know what their doing, and I don't know if I am annoyed more by them or the kids who seem like they're not even trying. But they're not *not trying*, they're just really white and have never heard a Japanese word spoken before. There's an amazing amount of geeky anime fans in there, too. And a handful of American Japanese kids who want to learn how to talk with their family XD

A guy from my screenwriting class just came over to hang out with Alex, one of my roomies.

Alex: Where is my card!
ME: I stole it. And...put it into the sun.
Megan: *Why* would you do that?
ME: For safe keeping!

Yeaaaah, college life.

Megan's my other new roomie. The old one is Brianna. We live in a little house! Eventually I'll take pictures and pop them up on Flickr--I just got a text message, hold on........

Oh, it's Shelby. She's coming over! She's here!

Ok, good week to you!

-Steph

No comments: