Thursday, October 26, 2006

Finally the week ends

Lucky Thursday! Hmm. Or, Happy Lucky Thursday! Or: Have a Lucky Thursday! Which is, I suppose, the etymological origin of "Happy Thursday." As in, it came from "have a happy Thursday!" much like I suppose "Merry Christmas" came from "I hope you have a merry Christmas!" Therefore, I condone "Lucky Thursday," and we'll skip all those centuries of language progression.

Tonight I have to write a paper and watch The Office.

Tomorrow I have to go to class and then change into my work clothes (D:!) and help out at the Dinner Rally for ministry credit. Which is good, because I don't have any this semester yet. I needz it.

Today I had the long day per usual. Up ten minutes early and had enough time to eat an orange. Went to dumb lab where we talked about our script for our upcoming project. It was something I slammed out the other evening, just so we had something to turn in, and then was declared wonderful and revised by a teammate, and today we were supposed to revise it some more til it worked, but we sorta didn't. Then was Church class, which was good, because I actually did the homework for it, and we had a better discussion than we've been having. Then lunch...where I almost ruined the microwavable hamburger helper by putting it 1 1/3 cup water instead of 1/3....so I added another packet and microwaved it again and it was salvageable. Then screenwriting, where for some reason we talked about Esselstrom's life, which was enjoyable. Then Japanese, where we had a "mid term," but was really more like a glorified quiz. I was done after ten minutes, so I got out more than an hour early. And then I hung out over on West Campus (with a vanilla fudge Drumstick) and thought out some of my screenplay, waiting for my Academic Advising appointment to come into range. And Megan Moorhouse came over because we're buddies and we ended up getting "advised" at the same time and we're hoping to have classes together next semester.

Yay.

But it's so late in the day now...it's practically dinner time. If I get all the classes I'm thinking about, I'll have late days every day, and two night-ish classes....but I have open mornings and no class on Friday. Tentative classes:

Writing for TV, Film, and Radio
Life and Teachings of Jesus
Film and Literature (+lab(watching movies))
Japanese 102
Media Criticism

Only 16 units, because the lab doesn't count for anything. And the writing one is 4 hours but only 3 units....but it's a "Upper Division Writing Intensive" course, so I'm thinking that explains it.

Last Saturday I helped an acquaintance film the play Dracula. I ran a camera and kept track of the sound and everything! It was fun. It was a back-up shoot because the one they did the week before didn't work so great, and so it was not a really stressfull-must-be-perfect sort of first experience. It was also a great play, and I wish I had at least seen it before I had to watch it from behind a camera. I'm going to see if I can wrangle a copy.

Our studio shoot project got finished...it's alright. As good as it can be with a crummy script, decrepit sound stage, and inexperienced crew. Gonna try to get a copy of that, too.

It's Lucky Thursday because I needed the luck to finish everything I needed to finish this week. Really all that's left is the paper, and then the big event tomorrow....so I think it ended up ok. And I can afford to do the paper just tonight, because I have enough extra credit to ensure an A.

I haven't missed an assignment all semester!! Only one late, too, so far. I'm hoping my self-dicipline will actually increase, so that next sememster I can devote myself to Homework!Fridays. Then I'll have the entire weekend open every week. That'd be really nice. Here's hopin'.

-Steph

No comments: