Thursday, May 31, 2007

How is it Thursday again??

Happy Full Moon Thursday! /End of the Month Thursday! /Thirsday!

Hold on, I'm eating some pie.

Ok. It's a great sort of Thursday that starts with a trip to the dentist. XP. I've got a stunty tooth, you may not know. It's malformed, and maybe it'll get capped soon. Other than that, I should floss.

Rest of the day spent hanging out, playing "DDR" on the computer, watching tv, and doing math.

"Doing MATH?" I know you must be screaming at your screen right now, "Stephanie NO, we must find you a doctor AT ONCE!!" Hahah, no, gentle reader! It was in my allotted math for the year; math regarding the Anime Expo. The only crunching of numbers I rejoice in are solely related to adding hotel tax and dividing fabric costs by number of wearers. These are great numbers, and the math is a wonder to see (and a pain to figure out the next day).

So, the Great Cosplay Race has officially started this year. And with a whole month to go before the AX! We surely are improving. We're going as the members of the Ouran High School Host Club, and beyond our standard group is a pack of newcomers who are basically making up every character in this show. We really will be a pack, and I expect much photography to be directed at us. Of course, with Host Club being ever-popular, we'll likely have some competition. But we will prevail! Through sheer strength of numbers!!

Great numbers.

This week's also been "spend money on tv/movies" week. We saw Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End, and I thoroughly enjoyed it. Honestly, it could have been better, but I'm not complaining so much as to not enjoy it. It was fun. Dark, a little, not as outlandishly hilarious as Dead Man's Chest. I want to see Curse of the Black Pearl again, separate One from TwoandThree in my mind. TwoandThree are almost like a whole separate movie. But they're not bad. Bought the soundtrack for At World's End, and I've been enjoying that as well. (Hans Zimmer composed TwoandThree, another difference from One, composed primarily by Zimmer-protege Klaus Badelt). There's a pirate dirge and a rollicking new theme competing with the old. But the old is still very fun to blare in your car with the windows rolled down. ^^

On the same purchase as said CD, I also ran across the complete series of Firefly (as if it sold in any other format) for $16.99. A steal. That's a little more than a dollar an episode. It's a dollar and 31 cents, if my math serves me right. (a math splurge. it's okay if it's for something entirely irrelevant to life) I keep wanting to pop it in and watch all of it in one go (wouldn't that be amazing), but I'm waiting for my lazy sister to finish with school and come home to watch it with me. We have plenty things to watch, like Entourage. And something else. Heroes.

Side note - Veronica Mars was cancelled. There may be a resolution work in the future (think Serenity, Firefly fans), but who knows. Mourn with me.

And whilst at Blockbuster, picked up Little Miss Sunshine, Lucky # Slevin, and Stranger than Fiction for a grand sum of $20. Haven't seen the first yet, but I figured it was worth buying, what I know of it. Slevin I will always love, and now I get to watch the commentaries. Same with Fiction, which I've seen twice, twice and a half in the last week or so. Also picked up the script at B&N, which is so lucky I can't even believe. Being a movie about writing, I am inherently interested in the script....looked for it online, but then there it was, right in front of my face, and it's everything I ever wanted. More or less. Zach Helm, the screenwriter, is a funny guy. He and I share writing characteristics, as shown by some author's notes, which I'm taking as a good sign.

Have also been spending the last weekish researching Europe for the background of this story series I have floating around in my head. I won't bore you with the details, but I'll just say it started off a random, Random experience at Vons last summer, and now it's one of my epic mind-stories. I battled my mind-bloat by writing every scrap of plot outline I have in my head. Three pages. Nice. And things have been aligning for this, like when I suddenly had to give Callum a last name, the first one I clicked on originated in the very place I'd already planned him to have been born. It was spooky.

Oh, when the kids and their parents were here (hahah, I mean Kevin and Gretchen and the little ones), outings were had, and pictures were taken. Expect some evidence of these to show up on Flickr sooner or later. Those little ones are soooooo cute, just crazy. Absolutely outta their minds crazy. The little one? Eating her corn and then suddenly: "Skywishes isn't shy!!" Yeah, I know, totally predictable. It's great.

Ah-ha, so I seem to have been more "into it" this week, so I'll let you catch your collective breaths. I'll see you all next month, hahah.

-Steph

4 comments:

Unknown said...

OH my gosh! Veronica Mars was canceled. I went to see Pirates, but an hour into the movie the fire alarms went off so I haven't seen the whole thing yet. Hans Zimmer is wonderful. Jason is also in love with him and introduced me to his wonderful music. I seriously think Jason should be your boyfriend instead of mine. You two have much more in common. Looking for ajob right now. Do you have one yet? I am trying Jamba Juice and most of all VICTORIA'S SECRET!

Unknown said...

My word verification is ifdnis!

Anonymous said...

and look now I am anonymous!

Stephanie Anderson said...

I knoooow! ;_;

Have you seen the full Pirates yet?