Thursday, November 22, 2007

The Culinary Week!

Happy Thursgivingday! That's Happy Thursday + Happy Thanksgiving! I almost forgot to remember to write this, so I'm going to do it now.

Friday Beth and Brianna stole me away from Japanese Kids to go to (of all places) Dai Shogun. So-called Happy Hour, where there's a bunch of really great food for lunch prices. That was fun because I haven't really spent too much time with Brianna this semester, after living with her for two years. Did you know the kid is engaged now? CRAZYness.

Saturday there was this Media Arts Festival, where Chip Fields spoke to us. It was pretty neat. And then after that I dropped in with Beth and Kirstie as they went to Pasadena to Hurry Curry. It was very good, and I had strawberry-flavored tea. I recommend it if you're a curry fan.

So Sunday we went BACK to Pasadena (needed some art supplies from Blick) and had lunch at Kansai, which is literally across the street from Hurry Curry. Love that place. Been there once with my dad and always wanted to go back. I had an onigiri and a half-bowl of udon, and the tea was free like at A'Float. And then I had red bean ice cream, which I haven't had in a loooong time. It's so good. Go there.

Also, Beth has introduced me to Famima!! It's a Japanese mini-mart that they're testing out in LA area. When we were coming back from Hurry Curry, we found the second location in Pasadena, so we checked it out after Kansai. It's way bigger than the first one AND AND they've got a case of steamed buns. !!! So even though we'd just ate, I bought an anman! A bun with my favorite red bean paste inside! I finally had one!! It was unexpectedly fudgey, but not in a bad way. It was fun. Gonna drop by there again on the way back to school.

Monday was all homework, but Tuesday was all hanging out. Sitcom class turned into hanging out time 'cause we didn't actually have to be there. But then there was a run-through of 90% of the show at 6, and that was pretty awesome. I can't wait for the taping. But then I had dinner with Yuko (from Sitcom). We were adventurous and went to Pho 777 across the street. That was really good, too. Definitely going back there. But it was funny because we definitely had to order off of the pictures 'cause we didn't know what anything was. ^^

Wednesday! Beth drove me home to home-town. Traffic wasn't so bad, just there were a few accidents. Gave her an in-depth tour of the house and then an in-the-dark tour of Ventura. Came back and made a pie while watching Colbert and up through Craig Ferguson who is now my favorite person ever. I'm also very sneezy.

So then today was Thursgiving, and there was all the food you can imagine. Just me and my folks and Beth since all the other kids are out of state. All two of them. It was good, and then there was a nice walk downtown (which was eerily empty) and out along the pier and back. It was cool and breezy, but not as cold as it could have been. Then we came home and watched Little Miss Sunshine and saw that exact area where we'd just been, hee hee. But according to the writer, filming in Ventura was a unfortunate accident, because they found out they couldn't shoot in Long Beach halfway through the scene. Oh well.

And after that we had my pie, which was all right. The apples seemed a little undercooked. Well. There's always Christmas. XD

Wow, guys, I am way impressed with Steve Carell today. Want to see him do something that is completely dramatic. 'Cause he could do it. He could do it and it would amazing.

Also, the Incredibles is amazing. I really love that movie.

OH AND CHUCK. This week's episode had a lot A LOT of bits in it that I just did not like. Just, the basics of writing and understanding your characters. BUT. What they achieved with their forced setup was rather remarkable, and I love/appreciate it muchly. Super excited for next week's episode.

Beth Voge is amazing.

-Steph

No comments: