Thursday, November 01, 2007

Hello November Friends!

Happy Thursday! October went away quite suddenly, did it not? I'm definitely doing one of those distracted-watching-tv blogs today, sorry in advance.

Saturday I went to a CRAZY expensive sushi place in Hollywood. I was duped into it, actually. But it was worth it to see all the loonies in their costumes at their Halloween parties. The best best best best pair was Siegfried and Roy with these stuffed white tigers, and Roy with this nice blood stain all down his neck. Hilarious.

I had to turn in an outline for my movie for Writing class Monday, so now I finally know what's going to happen in it. It's a heist spoof! It's going to be fun.

Other than classes and homework, I've watched a lot of movies! Moulin Rogue I guess on Sunday, Dinosaurs on TV on Sunday. And yesterday, Halloween? We watched Alien and the Exorcist and Shaun of the Dead. The first two I hadn't seen, and neither was especially scary. Exorcist was definitely more creepy/intense, and Alien was just mostly boring and old. Shaun was of course very good as always.

There was a court event right outside our door, "Holla-Ween." Everyone was there, dressed up, doing fun carnival type stuff, the RAs attempt to lure us kids away from the evils of drinking parties or whatev. There was also a bouncehouse with a sign "Adventures with Batman & Robin" taped on the front--it was literally in front of our apartment. I wandered in my werewolf mask for a bit, but we were in the middle of Shaun so I didn't spend my whole night there.

I really need to clean off my desk. That's something that's on my mind.

So I registered for classes, and it was dumb because things didn't work out perfectly, so as it stands I'm taking Story and Character, Comm Theory, Contemporary Art Trends, American Film Musical, and Motion Picture Production I. That's 16 units, which means next year I'm taking Senior Sem, Broadcast Performance, Capstone (?), Motion Picture Production II, Intermediate Screenwriting, and I guess a "directed research" study in screenwriting. And then I'll be done. @@! Yeah. Two more semesters. It's pretty much a done deal. Gosh.

Me and Beth and Megan are taking about living in Hollywood this summer. Or Burbank. Or Van Nuys. If I intern for this program, then I'd have to live there. If I don't intern, I can get a job to actually pay for the apartment. So either way I think that we're close to seriously thinking about it. And if I intern this summer, then I'll have a foot in the door to actually enroll in the program next next summer, and then I suppose I'll be on my way to stardom.

You know, more or less.

Guys, how great was the Office tonight? So great? Yeah, I thought so. Jim, Jim, trodden on for once. Chin up, it'll build character.

-Stephers

No comments: