Thursday, November 08, 2007

Standing up to the Man

In honor of the Writer's Guild of America strike, I'm airing a rerun this week. It's a good one, it's called "Not the Happiest Thursday," and it's from last season.

Before I pop the tape in, though, I'd like to say that I'm going home for the weekend. Yay. And today they performed a bit of the sitcom for us, and it's really coming along. Hooray for on-the-spot corrections!

And, as a writer, I'm on the WGA's side. As a human, I hate that the Union is Striking, as I hate Unions and Strikes. I think both sides are being pretty childish, and I'm upset that economic issues are going to (eventually) effect my canon universes negatively. Boo on you, Hollywood. Boo.

* * *
Not The Happiest Thursday
1/25/07

But still a Happy Thursday. I mean, c'mon, if it was the Happiest Thursday EVAR, what would you do with yourself on the rest of 'em? Knowing that none would ever reach this level of awesomeness? So Happy Thursday!

Sunny, high 70s. Nice. Well. Not sunny anymore, it's night. And, got a little breezy. Actually, I don't know, it was starting to get breezy when I came home from class, but then I took a nap so I really have no idea what the world is like.

I really do like that we can feel the revving of people's engines in the street through the floor of our house.

I just taught Brianna how to say 6:01 (rokuji ippun). Also today we re-learned the days of the week, and I realized that Mokuyoubi (Thursday) is written with the kanji for "tree," and trees are brown. Although, just yesterday I was looking at some trees and realizing that trees actually aren't brown, but more of a mottled gray. Some were white, and those looked really cool. Mokuyoubi was already cool, since the Go Club mascot was the little cow Moku.

My Jesus class professor is totally awesome. I said his name was Tim Robbins in a comment last week or so, but I don't know why 'cause his name is Mike. He was telling us about different forms of studying...the gospels, I guess, the parables, right? We were on Source Criticism, and then suddenly he was telling us about how he's got epilepsy, and then we were learning about how epilepsy felt like, and then it was about his college, and then about this one professor that he loved (who looked like an egg and paced back and forth in front of the class), and then about his roommate Mike who fell asleep in that class....and on and on and it was hilarious and very interesting and had absolutely no relevance to Source Criticism.

Roommmate Alex is going out to teach old people yatzee. Apparently she has to do it every week. Hahahaha, old people.

This week was too full of the Office. I was introduced to a site that has like every episode of everything, and I went there to catch up on those episodes I missed, right? Ended up watching every episode ever made in two sittings. SO. I'm super-obsessed. Like, I only talk about it to people, and re-watch episodes at the drop of a hat, and write about it in homework assignments. It spurred me to write three separate pieces of fanfiction (one in script form) and to buy a sitcom writing book from the internet. It definitely rekindled the "I wanna write for TV!!" feeling that had become a little dormant. It's also great because in the media class I'll be writing a paper on how it messes with reality (or something), and in my Film & Lit class I used Michael Scott as an example for a comedy concept. I want to show off my fanfics, can I?

Mixed Berry
The first I did, just a little short thing on Jim's attraction to Pam. If you've seen even just the first ep, you'll understand it.

One Is the Loneliest Number
K, you can't read this one unless you know how season 2 ends. 'Cause, like, for spoilers and stuff. I think this one is slightly better. It's longer, and way angsty. Jim-centric.

Hooray Jim. It's on tonight, but it's not new. New next week!!!! YAY.

Ok, well, I gotta run to food-area before it closes or my roommate drags me away.

-Steph

* * *

-Steph

No comments: