Thursday, November 29, 2007

American U

Happy Thursday! I only have a bit of time because I'll explain in a bit. First, the best recipe I ever created today:

The Best I'm-A-Cheap-College-Student-And-I-Live-Out-Of-My-Freezer Between-Classes Lunch: Waffle Tuna Melt

Serves 1-2

You will need:
A can of tuna
2-4 frozen waffles
2-4 prepackaged cheese slices
(you can use whatever type you want/have)
And
Mayo
Pickle relish
Salt & pepper
To taste

Materials you will need:
2 plates (paper ok)
1 fork (plastic ok)

Appliances you will need:
1 Toaster

First, prepare the tuna however you like to make it. I use enough mayo to coat, and then enough pickle relish on top of that until it's not too moist. Then salt and pepper however it happens to come out that time.

Toast the waffles two at a time. Dangle two cheese slices over the toaster while it is on, to start the melt.

When the waffles are done to your preference, lay the cheese over each of them and allow the extra waffle heat to transfer into the cheeses. Then lay in the tuna mix on one of them—you can probably get all the tuna onto one waffle, but I used half and ended up making two sandwiches, and that's what the other two cheeses and waffles are for.


It's very good, I promise you.

So RIGHT NOW I am sitting in a red chair next to an outlet in the hallway outside the theater. Why? Because this weekend is the taping of the American U sitcom we've been writing, and today is the last-minute fixes and dress rehearsal. I've been here since 4! And it's pretty much the coolest thing ever, the way this works.

We're in the theater 'cause that's where a stage is, but other than that it just about approximates a professional sitcom set. That, and the fact there's a bunch of students and three professors. I took some pictures!


This is what the Student Union set looks like from the front row. Cameras! And because you can't see anything.....

Screens!


It's been so fun and funny and intense--I keep feeling like my comedy game is trying to be raised, that everything I say I have to think about first--what do I say next that is really really funny? I like it a lot. I wish you all could be here. One day I hope I get a copy of the finished version to show you all. It's not going to be the best half hour of television you've ever seen, but it will be something special.

Okay, I can hear they're about to get rolling in there, so I'll roll outta here! Hope your Thursdays were as great as mine!!

-Steph

No comments: