Thursday, June 05, 2008

Summerz

Happy Thursday! It's finally summertime, judging by the overcast mornings and warm+ days, the puttering around in the garden, and feverish crafting of AX costumes. Just for the record, "puttering" involves a lot more standing and staring at cactuses than you might otherwise suspect.

The AX is in less than a month! A lot of us are going in the same costume as each other--which I guess is pretty common if I think about it (we went as FMA military, then Host Club students, all matching). In the show Naruto, which is about ninjas, there is a special class of ninja called ANBU, who all dress alike and wear masks to protect their identity. We are going as an ANBU army! It's a much less elaborate costume than some years, but masks, armguards, vests, and boots must be made.

Boots are kinda my responsibility, and they're working out so far. XD They need to be black, almost knee-high, toeless, and have these bands around them. So we've bought rubber fishing boots, cut 'em down the back and velcroed them back tighter, cut off the toes, and glued foam strips around them, which actually are additional fasteners. The hardest part was finding rubber boots, and then a glue that would adhere to them. I think Carolyn's pair is done, mine are mostly done, and we have to do...three or four more pairs?

Carolyn's sewing sewing sewing, and I'm kind of sitting there and watching. XD

When I'm not doing that, I'm trying to walk a lot. We've got this ellipse, right? Like an elliptical machine? Listening to podcasts, radio shows, reading that giant Captain America book and others. Three miles in a hour, most days! Kinda took today off, only did a mile in half an hour. I also want to get out in the world and do walking, too. My goal is to be able to walk some place, no matter where, if I really needed to. I think that's somewhat important.

Other than that! I've been pursuing a career at Blockbuster. Just waiting for the background check to come back, and then I'm pretty sure I've got it. Unless someone of you has sabotaged my records.

Watching So You Think You Can Dance. I like dancing, but I miss real tv. I just told my mom that we're gonna start watching Firefly next. She's sat through VM with me, I think it's about time to move on. Heck, she even used to watch Buffy with me when that was hip, so she shouldn't be complaining. Not that she is, but I'm just saying she had better love Firefly.

We both reached for the remote a little while ago, to unmute the tv because of the new Coldplay iPod commercial, and it turns out she really likes that song. So I pulled out Parachutes, and we've been sampling that during commercials.

Today I also attempted to make a Boston creme pie, but it didn't turn out great. Eh, maybe next time.

UM SO YEAH I THINK I'M DONE WITH THIS NOW. SEE YOU ALL LATER.

-Stephanie!

No comments: