Thursday, December 15, 2011

Chilled

Happy Thursday! All I can think about is how cold it is. And I know some of you aren't in SoCal and you are actually having cold weather, and I salute you for it. But it's cold here to me and I am cold and it makes me pretty edgy.

Well our kitchen is done, right. Except we're getting new flooring in sometime this week. Then it will be done done. But it's a real kitchen now, with a sink and all that. Inaugural kitchen dinner I made... shoot what was it. Oh yeah, individual lasagna rolls that Giada taught me how to make. But for the filling I used a variation on the Greek yogurt casserole I made a while back. It was good, very Christmassy. I'll do it again.

Yesterday I made granola-crusted salmon, but I don't quite have the crusting of salmon technique down yet. It was more like salmon with a granola bar on top. I'd probably be better off making those two things separately next time. I also baked a brie in a puff pastry, and that was interesting. I also tried making a peach pie but something somewhere went horribly wrong and it's really more of a peach soup in a dumpling crust. Not what I expected at all.

I've still been watching Food Network and Cooking Channel practically non stop. I don't know what it is, but that's all I'm interested in. Even though half the time it's Giada or Paula, who are not my faves, I can't turn it off. Then there's Chopped and Chef Hunter and Iron Chef America and the Next Iron Chef and the Next Iron Chef: Super Chefs and Chuckmas and all that. I'm addicted.

I really want to make something with cranberry and orange, but I don't know what.

Haha, a little while ago Beth was all BRB and now she's back with eggrolls from Jack in the Box. Pretty random.

Almost done with Christmas prep, still trying to get the last few things rounded up before the deadline. It's only, like, a week and a half from now! But we'll get there somehow.

Ok. Gonna go watch Doctor Who or something equally geeky. Carry on!

-Steph

No comments: