Thursday, December 29, 2011

K-Cups

Happy Thursday! I almost said "Howdy Thursday," which would have been a severe slip. At least this isn't a live blog.

Howdy, nonetheless. How were your Christmases and/or assorted winter holidays? I hope they were the best yet.

Right now I'm wearing my Batman varsity hoodie and the shirt with the huge cat face on it that I received from my mom. The best story is I went outside wearing the shirt, and my tiny niece signed "cat" and I was all "where? where is the cat?" But I was wearing it all along.

So my entire family was over for Christmas, and that was a full house. But I haven't seen my brother's family since that hectic stop-off in Colorado a little while back, and I don't remember the last time my sister was here. Maybe in the spring time? And the last time the three of us were at home at the same time? I don't know.

We baked a lot and had a turkey and a ham, pies, cakes, cookies, ricey crispoes, it was ridiculous. Donuts. Fish n chips. Coffee. I had to go to work a lot, but I came back in time to hang out with the kids and play board games and whatever. We watched the Tourist which was only worth it for Timothy Dalton.

Travel plans were arranged quite epically -- Beth vacated my sister's room the day before my sister arrived. My first day off was yesterday and that was when she was flying back, so I got to drive down to get her; at the same time, Sam was visiting a friend in Thousand Oaks, so he got to hang out with me for lunch and then go help pick up Beth. Then my brother and all them left, so the living room was free for Sam and Beth to sleep over. So I got to see everybody! Even Carolyn called from Vietnam last night.

A very social Christmas. It was nice to have people around and have different conversations and laugh about crazy stuff, but the introvert in me just wants to sit in a dark room for a little while, haha. And sleep. I'd really like to sleep.

Last night I dreamt that APU chapel was on boats. And the chapel band was Linkin Park. IF ONLY.

So now everyone is gone, Beth is back, and it's time to settle back to normal... except for the work situation, which gets weirder daily. Shrug. There's no such thing as normal, anyway.

See you next year, I suppose!

-Steph

No comments: