Thursday, August 02, 2012

Oh hello

Happy Thursday!  I almost forgot about you.  Not about you exactly, but about coming here and sitting in front of the Internet for hours on end every day.  You have the Olympics to blame for that.  I've been sitting in front of the TV all week instead.  ;p

I've never sat myself down and watch the Olympics before.  And certainly hardly ever "sports" in general.  But this is every sports, and it's every place, and it's very much more epic and seemingly deserving of being watched.  The best of the best are here, setting records left and right and proving to everyone that their life's work has been worth it.

Highlights:
Volleyball team hugs

Dressage (look it up!)

When people knock themselves down in soccer

Fencing

The way the person who was in the lead for the first 3/4s of the race probably won't even medal

Fireworks shooting out of the stadium

When America was playing North Korea at badminton and all the players were Asian

Canada swinging that tie with Sweden in women's soccer

Field hockey = handball = water polo = soccer = field hockey

I feel like I haven't seen all the sports though.  Like, where's the track and field?  Like, pole vaulting and jumping really far and all that.  It's like it's all soccer and swimming and gymnastics and if you wake up early enough you get to see the cool stuff like archery and fencing and table tennis.  Over the weekend I wasn't feeling great so I just sat around and watched the different NBC channels 48 hours straight.  Monday I wasn't up to anything so I skipped and basically did the same thing.  XD  I've been late to school every day, and spending the last two hours before bed cramming in all the sports possible.  Who am I.

In school, however, I've finished my curriculum and am now studying to pass the certification exams.  So no pressure there, I sort of feel like I can do whatever I want.  Like study.  Or go on walks.

Speaking of studying, I found some handwriting worksheets for the Russian alphabet and have been scratching those out in the 8-10PM Olympics hours.  They are a lot the same and a lot weird.  They have a letter that is pronounced "shcheh."  Uppercase P is R and lowercase g is d.  It's the best.

Other than being sick and watching the Olympics, this week I played Journey at Carolyn's house.  It was pretty magical because I had a mysterious friend appear and help me through it, I'd recommend at least looking up some playthrough on youtube.  What an artistic game. 

Um and Beth had a birthday!  Good jorb.

OH and the fair is started!  I totally forgot to enter any crafts or produce, so half my reasons for going are nonexistent, haha.  But I'm still excited to go because I love that place.  Probably Saturday.

I'll tell you all about it later!

-Steph

No comments: