Thursday, August 23, 2012

Onward!

Happy Thursday!  I just spent like an hour gabbing to my mom about an RPG adventure board game I want to make.  What a good listener.  I don't think I've talked that much or at such a speed for probably about ever.  (haha I forgot that before that I was ranting at my dad about my classmates)  When I get started on a subject, sometimes there's just no end.

Daydreaming about game mechanics is how I spent my day.  Also, there was quite a bit of playing around in Excel.  OH.  But actually, today I passed my second test so technically (?) now I'm A+ certified.  Nothing in the 'verse can stop me.

Next up is N+ and then who knows what.  I'mma fix all the computers.

And then I almost hit a car on my way home.  It wouldn't have been my fault, just terrible.  I was waiting to turn left from a side street to the main street (literally), in the middle lane.  The light turned green and sluggishly I realized it and equally slowly the truck to my left started as well.  And then about a second and a half later the truck HONNNNNKS and I look and SLAM ON MY BRAKES because flying by in front of us comes some little white two door through the red light.  If that truck hadn't seen it, he would have hit it.  And if he hadn't have honked, I would have hit it.

But everyone was okay, at least at the moment.  Also.  Two out of three times in that paragraph I wrote "trunk."  It's been a full day.

So my board game, right?  It's like, D&D+Munchin+Risk.  You get to pick a race and a class, and go as a party around and take quests and level up and gain loot and achieve objectives.  It'll be great.  More on that later.  Although, I can't help but feel like this has to exist somewhere.  I choose to be surprised.

To close, does anybody have any good steam punk recommendations?  I was reading about like, the origin of cathode ray tubes and wacky stuff like that, and man how cool was science in the 1800s?  Even cooler if it was steam powered, amirite?  So that's something I want to get into. 

See ya later!

-Steph


No comments: