Thursday, February 02, 2006

chiyaaaA


chiyaaaA~! This week has been exciting. Lotsa stuffz happened.

Friday: Another DDR party, but in the lounge on the first floor that has a big tv. For a while it was just like four of us from my floor down here, but then I put up a sign saying "DDR PARTY! YOU ARE INVITED!! Yes, you." And some people came in. Thinking about starting a whole DDR club, with these "DDR parties" every Friday till then. Gonna come up with a cool name besides just "DDR Club."

Saturday: A friend of mine decided to go to school back in her home state from now on, but she came back this weekend to pick up her stuff. We were all Yay! Beth is back! So we went to see Narnia at the El Capitan theater in Hollywood. And I saw a Vash the Stampede and a hitman! But Laura made him laugh by making fun of the cop, so it was ok. And Narnia was good, too!

Sunday: Church and eatings with my brother and sister-in-law and nieces. Ainsley drew a cute/weird picture of a lion for me, and Liberty drew some jellyfish? for Gretchen. And Melody tried to eat jalepenos. Twas a fun lunch.

Monday: Back to school, wahhh... Had my film history class again, and we watched one of the last silent movies "The Wind." Which was funny, because it was the last day of this horrible horrible crazy wind we were having, that knocked over trees and made you kick yourself when you walked. I now have a much clearer definition for the word "buffeted." I also found a Canadian penny.

Tuesday: Beth went back home. Sad. She says she'll visit, but... Tuesday was Chemistry, and we did some fun/easy thing of electron configuration, which I can't find a use for, but I suddenly understood what she was talking about and can successfully do it, so it's ok. I think that was the day I saw National Treasure. S'ok, that Riley kid was pretty funny, other than that.... eh.

Wednesday: Um, yesterday. Yesterday I napped, and that was good. Oh, also went to a little meeting for the ministry I'm getting involved in. At school here, you have to have ministry credits to graduate, which is a little like community service hours. For a class I'm taking now, Foundations of Ministry, ya hafta have at least 15 ministry credits through an on-going ministry (that is, week to week, not getting them all at once) as part of the grade. So I signed up for this "Community Garden" thing, and we're going to create (as in build, till, etc) a garden on West Campus for Azusa families to come and grow their own food. That should be a lot of fun and rewarding as well.

So as you can see, my week was more action-packed than it has been lately. OH, and I just looked up at my calendar and saw that it's Australia Day! Happy Australia Day! That's good. That's a good way to end the week. And an absurdly long email.

-Steph

PS
and if somebody at Buena can ask Mrs. Lyans and/or Mrs. Lucas if they got my other email, and tell me if they did or not, that'd be great.

No comments: