Thursday, August 03, 2006

Happy Thursday!

It's been a good day, I s'pose mostly because it's a day off from work, and on a Thursday! Opens up a lot of time to do fun stuff in. Fun stuff like as follows:

Popping the 13 year old Tai Chi tape that was produced in Thousand Oaks. Every thing was so PINK in 93. It's a funny, funny testament of the campiness of the good ol' days, and also a surprisingly non-easy workout.

Popping in the new pilates DVD that turns out to be a CD because my sister apparently can't read. She was sad that it was just a CD, but it was pretty funny watching her do that crazy stuff they like to make you think is exercise.

Going to El Loco Taco and getting a side of rice what was bigger than my sister's burrito.

Going to JambaJuice to get what my dad has called a "Jamba Snack," because I really like snacks. Citrus Bliss with peaches instead of strawberries, 'cause I dun like the little seeds everyplace.

Driving to Oxnard (and trying to find how to get there) because we still need more snacks and we figured Ventura wouldn't have any Mexican bakeries. Ah, Oxnard. We drove and drove and drove and for the longest time it was just tract housing and shopping centers with no panderias in sight. Sigh. Oxnard is just so much nicer than we think it is. But then we found one! In a crazy small corner with a Japanese resaurant and like a car or electronics shop. But there wasn't the greatest selection, and as it turns out, it wasn't of the greatest quality, either. Or, I'm just spoiled by El Merandero in Pamona.

And then we get home, all giggly from the free Energy Boost, and the sugar, and the half-hour drive through Oxnard on surface streets (>
AND THEN I WENT UPSTAIRS TO GRAB MY LAPPY, AND WHAT'S ON MY BED BUT A WONDERFUL RED TIE MY MOM BOUGHT ME!! I been lookin' for one! I keep on ending up with silver ones and blue ones! Now I have a red one! I is wearing it right now ^^ And it came with a little handkerchief or whatever, so I need to get a brown suit to stick it in.

So that was my day, one of the better Thursdays in a while, and Jeopardy's almost on, so I'm gonna run. Not actually run, 'cause there's no place to run to, and if I did run somewhere, I'd have to run back 'cause I wouldn't have enough time to walk back before seven...

-Steph!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Panaderia

Pomona

Merendero