Thursday, October 02, 2008

Second Summer

Happy Thursday! It's a stressful time for everyone!

Pre-production on Ink-Man is going very slowly. Mostly because I don't have any time during the week 'cause of classes, and no time on the weekends 'cause of work. So my free time goes to Ink-Man, and then nothing else gets done. :<

It will all work out.

Even for Megan, who is having a meltdown because her old lady actress just canceled on her for a stupid reason, and they're filming the day after tomorrow. To add insult to injury, there was a post-it in her hair.

Chin up!

I'm watching this Justice League movie, and it's very interesting but I'm like fifteen minutes in and two people have been shot in the head and one was frozen and shattered into a million pieces. I'm just waiting for Batman to show up.

I asked Beth what we did this week and it boils down to Ink-Man and work. Side helping of Heroes. Helped out on Matt and Amanda, the news show before Friday chapels. Helped Megan cast her movie, but that didn't turn out so well, I guess. That's about all that's interesting.

Caught the Office Friday morning, and it did not disappoint. You just have to see it, it has some very perfect moments. And Ryan! hahaha Ryan.

And Heroes this weeeeeeeek. I had aneurysms during the previews for both this week's and next week's episodes, but oddly enough not during. (For the record, yes, I don't know what an aneurysm actually is, it's just what I call "freaking out because something amazing/freaky/well-written is happening") Still absolutely digging Sylar's storyline. (sorry if you haven't caught up yet, but yes he survives into season three) I'm so excited for next week. Everyone else I almost couldn't care about, but I think Sylar and everyone involved with Sylar is going somewhere great. I was also pretty pleased that Disgusto aka Mohinder was absent this week. Let us hope it lasts.

OH and Chuck! How great was that episode? If you don't know my feelings on Chuck, it's this: if they knew what they were doing, it would be my favorite show. It has the potential to be my favorite show. It has every element that's needed to be a favorite show. It just is rather clunky and cliched and awkward. Worse so than Heroes. Every week last year I just hoped it would magically be better, that one of those days it would suddenly be all that it could be.

Well, Monday was that day. I guess it took them some time off for them to regroup and pull their act together, because this episode was tight, logical, and emotionally fulfilling. It didn't recap the full first season for the benefit of new viewers, and even the re-intro that they did have was fitting to the narrative. I approve of the changes that have transpired (like the yogurt store), and I also really loved the deeper side the episode was hinting at--even though they turned that on its head in the last act. But that too was perfect, since it threw everyone back into status quo for a reason, the audience both frustrated that he can't reach for his new-found goals, but secretly pleased that things can stay the way they are. It was lovely. And the new opening credits with the supporting cast? Classy.

The other cool thing about this week is that I talked a manager into giving me the ginormous window-poster of Iron Man when it's time for it to come down. Score.

-Steph

No comments: