Thursday, September 01, 2011

Cold Calling

Happy Thursday! Summer is over -- when did it ever start? -- now that September is here with its fog and its school and its falltime colors. I feel like I've been waiting for a real summer for three years, and now that it's September, I'm going to have wait out yet another. But remember how November was the hottest month of the year in 2010? Maybe we'll get a repeat of that.

But it's a sad thing when the weather does get really hot, and I'm just reminded of spiced things and lemon things and Thanksgiving and pies and stuff. That's not how it should be.

In unrelated news, it's amazing how dirty your hands DON'T get at work when instead of handling movies you sit around and try to figure out how to sell Dish Network to folks. Do you want to see a demo? You should come in the store. Get some satellite tv up in your place.

I cold called about three dozen people, which I was not initially very excited about doing. But it turned out I liked talking to the actual people much more than leaving a message. Talking to the people made sense and wasn't stressful. So that was new.

Yesterday me and Carolyn had an adventure. There's a botanical garden up in Montecito called LotusLand, which is like a poor man's Huntington. It was pretty cool, though, we got in for free as the tour coordinator's guests, because Carolyn has connections. We toured with four or five little old ladies and an almost little old man. It was nice to wander around and look at gardens and strange trees and stuff, and there was a huge cactus bowl garden where all you could see was cactus alllll around.

We also finished another anime! It's called Higurashi no Naku Koro ni, and it's crazy. I guess you could see it if you have the time, since it does have some interesting stuff I've never seen an anime do before. But it was also pretty weird and sometimes dumb.

I need to buy a new hard drive for my computer. Although I just looked and none of the "your disk has an error!!" windows is up right now. But I guess I'll just get a new one anyway 'cause you can get a huge drive for a reasonable price, and then basically I could just use that forever or until it fails, and just keep upgrading the computer components instead of getting a new one ever. Yeah?

Well. I'm going to go do something brainless. That sounds good right about now.

-Steph

No comments: